• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

What next??

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Guys....
Apologies if i am posting this question in wrong section. But to be honest couldn't find a better section in the list of forums available.

Last week i cleared SCJP 5 certification and really excited to go for a few more certifications.
Now, i am confused if i should go ahead with SCWCD -> SCBCD -> SCJD or should directly work for the SCJD.
I have good experience in Java Swings and Core Java. But have very less experience in EJB and Servlets part.
Kindly share your thoughts and suggestions on the same. I have planned to do atleast 2-3 more certifications in the next 1 year time frame.

Thanks!!

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you are working in J2EE enviromnment then I would suggest you to go for SCWCD and SCBCD

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Gaurav,

I agree with Krishna that if you want to work with J2EE environment, you should take either SCWCD or SCBCD for the job. But if you want to expand your knowledge or learn core java API by real experience, I suggest you to take the SCJD. This cert will make you truely understand core java API especially thread programming which I think it's important for every job you work in the future.

Good luck.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic