• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Request for keyword suggestions for mock exam at iRixTech.com

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Guys,

I've developed a new module for mock exams at www.irixtech.com where I can tag questions with multiple keywords. The aim of this is for end-users to be able to take mock exams on focused topics which I believe will help you all with your prep.

That said I'll need assistance from you guys to help me with keywords. I'm trying to get the entire syllabus of SCJP 5 & 6 broken down into keywords based on the objectives by Sun - http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/CX-310-065.xml

Looking at the exam objectives, it seems that there can be a ton of keywords but we'd rather create keywords which make sense from a study point of view. Another point we need to consider is that the final list of keywords should cover all the exam objectives. Given these considerations, I'm trying to come up with a comprehensive list.

So far, these are the ones I've come up with
- Assertions
- Autoboxing, Unboxing & Wrapper classes
- Classes, Interfaces, Packages & Enums
- Collections
- Constructors, Methods, Overriding, Overloading & Shadowing
- Encapsulation, Inheritance, Casting & Access modifiers
- Exceptions
- Flow Control
- Garbage Collection
- Generics
- Inner Classes
- java.io
- java.lang
- java.text
- java.util
- Keywords & Operators
- OO Concepts
- Primitive & Reference Data Types
- Serialize/Deserialize
- Threads

As a community, I figured, we could all come up with a good list & your help will be appreciated.

Expect this feature on www.irixtech.com in a week after the keyword list has been finalized. I'll update this thread once I think we have a workable list.

BTW, if you guys have any other suggestions, concerns, etc, do let me know.

Regards
Ashish Hareet
[ August 21, 2008: Message edited by: Ashish Hareet ]

Ranch Hand
Python Ruby Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I guess java development environment(tools like java,javac,etc) and static imports also make it to your list.
I'd like to know whether you are developing scjp 6 specific stuff?

Sheriff
Android Google Web Toolkit Hibernate IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Great Stuff man...I guess only two of the exams are functional right now...But still its great...

For the topics I don't see methods with Variable Arguments...Have you planned to keep it in any section or did you forgot it...

Ashish Hareet
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Sumit Bisht:
I guess java development environment(tools like java,javac,etc) and static imports also make it to your list.
I'd like to know whether you are developing scjp 6 specific stuff?

Sumit,

I intend to categorize these under the "Fundamentals" category much like the SCJP objectives.

Thanks for your feedback
Ashish Hareet

Ashish Hareet
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ankit Garg:
Great Stuff man...I guess only two of the exams are functional right now...But still its great...

For the topics I don't see methods with Variable Arguments...Have you planned to keep it in any section or did you forgot it...

Ankit,

I need to update my signature, currently there are 6 exams with about 130 questions. You can find them all over here - http://www.irixtech.com/category/java/scjp-quiz

As for variable arguments, I was planning to include it in the "Methods" category.

Thanks for your feedback
Ashish Hareet

Ashish Hareet
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Guys,

I've gone ahead & implemented this feature on www.iRixTech.com. You can find the topics based quiz here - SCJP 5.0 & SCJP 6.0 Topics based Mock Exams

Do note that no new questions have been added. I'll be adding questions this weekend. Categorizing the questions was a pre-requisite for another feature where we'll let the users track their progress. I'm still working on this one.

So far, I've stuck close to the list I mentioned above & y'all will have to tell me what will help you the most. Your feedback is very important to us & for the direction our website will take. Please let us know what you think about our mock exams - http://www.irixtech.com/contact.

Thanks
Ashish Hareet
iRix Technologies
[ August 27, 2008: Message edited by: Ashish Hareet ]

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic