• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem with Java Mail

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All
My application is a java batch application, which executes certain batch of work and sends a status mail once the batch of work is done. I am using java mail to send the email. My mail client is Lotus Notes. If i give the group name in the "To" block, the mail class does not throw any exception and runs fine but i do not recieve the status mail. If i give my mail id in the "To" block, it sends me a status mail.

In short, i am not able to send emails to a particular group through java mail. can anybody let me know what's the problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Makarand Parab

Sheriff
Android IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm moving this to the "Other API's" forum -- where Java Mail gets discussed a bunch. So please post your replies there, thanks!

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Makarand Parab:
Hi All
My application is a java batch application, which executes certain batch of work and sends a status mail once the batch of work is done. I am using java mail to send the email. My mail client is Lotus Notes. If i give the group name in the "To" block, the mail class does not throw any exception and runs fine but i do not recieve the status mail. If i give my mail id in the "To" block, it sends me a status mail.

In short, i am not able to send emails to a particular group through java mail. can anybody let me know what's the problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Makarand Parab

How does the JavaMail API know what group you are talking about? If I am understanding you correctly, you've made a distribution list of email addresses. We have a ton where I work, one being _PC_SUPPORT which contains all the email addresses for the PC Support staff, myself included. If I write a JavaMail application, it has no way of knowing anything about the _PC_SUPPORT distribution list because JavaMail is not connected to our Exchange servers. Nor would your program know anything about your lotus setup.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic