• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

jsp extends

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I saw the one response on the jsp extends, which may prove to be useful later on, but what I'm trying to ascertain right now is if it's what I want to do. I have a jsp that uses a "proprietary" bean. I need the ability to dynamically create new objects from the bean so that I can reuse it, but all I can find is the jsp "<% page extends" line.
What's happening is that in order to use this bean more than once, the user has to close out all the parent pages due to the manner in which our site is set up. The bean itself is set as a session variable and although I've tried all the other settings, it only works properly as a session variable. All other settings give me only limited, temporary success.
I <I>think</I> that's what I want to do, but I'm just getting into this particular jsp and have never used this particular option. If it can be done, and I don't see why it couldn't be, how would I dynamically create an entire new bean based on information passed to the jsp?
Thanks so much. I'm also sorry I missed Marty Hall . I have all his books to date and went to one of his seminars. The guys a natural teacher, one of the best I've encountered.
Thanks so much for whatever assistance you can provide. I have yet to find something that can't be done programming-wise, so I'm sure someone out there can help.
Regards,
Pat

Wanna see my flashlight? How about this tiny ad?
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic