• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem with opening a new window using Ctrl-N

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

I have a small issue which is making major errors occuring in my app ..i have a webapplication where the UI is specific to the group of the usr logged in and this usergroup is stored in session .

But when a user logs in , and by using ctrl-n he opnes another browser and tries to login in that page with a diff user/usergroup..so what happens in that userGroup variable in the session gets overridden with the new one leading to inconsistancy in the old browser (In this all of a sudden new UI appears which is making a big hell

i tried in my login ,first checking whether the session exists and invalidated that session but what happening is the new session is getting refelcted in both the browsers this making fuss in the old browser

can any one tell me a way to sort this out

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
sreenath, with 189 posts you should know better than to cross-post the same question in multiple forums. It wastes people's time when multiple redundant conversations take place. Please continue any discussion of this topic in the Frameworks forum.
[ November 16, 2004: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic