• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

custom import tag

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i have 3 jsp-files: a.jsp, b.jsp and c.jsp

a.jsp contains:
<c:import url="b.jsp" />

b.jsp contains:
<c:import url="c.jsp" />

c.jsp contains some text and other struts-stuff

when i display a.jsp it's properly compiled and i get all the information that's needed (so the import in b.jsp is completed succesfully)

now i made a new tag in my own taglibrary because it has to do some things extra before import could happen.

code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public class Import extends ImportTag { // some getters and setters public int doStartTag() throws JspException { // some stuff to determine the url super.setUrl(url); return super.doStartTag(); } public int doEndTag() throws JspException { return super.doEndTag(); }}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my tld i've got this entry:

code:

<tag><name>import</name><tagclass>be.aquafin.webgis.struts.tag.Import</tagclass><bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent><attribute> <name>pagina</name> <required>true</required> <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue> </attribute> <attribute> <name>naamObject</name> <required>true</required> <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue> </attribute> </tag>

when i have the same situation as above but instead of c:import i have aqf:import and other params that has to give in theory the same result as above, it doesn't import the import in b.jsp . so i get instead "<aqf:import param1="" param2="" />" as text in the jsp-file

when i change the import in a.jsp to <aqf:import ...> and in the b.jsp i don't change a thing it works also properly, also other struts-tags like logic:equal are succesfully managed.

Anyone with an idea how to get my own import-tag to get some iteration in importing ?

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

o i get instead "<aqf:import param1="" param2="" />" as text in the jsp-file

If the tag is being sent to the browser uninterpreted, the most likely cause is that you have not properly declared the aqf tag library on the page.

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yeah, i forgot idd the declaration of my own taglib in this jsp-file

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction because else i would now be and

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic