• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

HSBC in Pune

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello All

Last week I got an offer from HSBC Global Technology Center in Pune. But I am still not sure if I should accpet it or not.

The offer is like this : 10% Increase over my current pay. 50K INR signing Bonus (Almost my one months pay).

I will be moving to London as soon as I join them for the period of 6 months. During this time my Indian pay continues, they will provide me place to live in London and 30 Pounds Tax Free only per day.

Is this a good deal. Will I be able to survive with 30 Pounds Per Day in London. I am sure I wont be able to save anything. The only saving will be my Pay in India for 6 months.

Thanks

Ajit

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
check out tax on you Indian salary, also I bet there will be flat 30% tax on your bonus. I always had this bust with bonus :-(

By the way, how many years experience? Is this managerial position? How are credentials of HSBC, I have heard it as bank only.

D Shah
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Problem Solver:
check out tax on you Indian salary, also I bet there will be flat 30% tax on your bonus. I always had this bust with bonus :-(

By the way, how many years experience? Is this managerial position? How are credentials of HSBC, I have heard it as bank only.

By the way, Congtuations. Its joy to get offer

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Will I be able to survive with 30 Pounds Per Day in London.

The minimum wage is about �5 per hour. People work on average 8hrs a day so thats �40 per day to go on lodgings, heating and food. If you are getting free lodgings and heating you can save �20 per day, at least, if you spend frugally.
Which I'd advise you to do for an initial 6 months. Go to the movies once a week they are cheap enough to stop the onset of boredom. British Rail used to have cheaper travel for under 25's if you want to visit Europe occasionally.

If you are sharing lodgings and food you should be able to save more.
[ July 13, 2004: Message edited by: Helen Thomas ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
HSBC center in Pune India,I heard mainly does portal,security related projects.Ambience,food etc I heard is better than local shops.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
London is an expensive place to live. If you were to dine out and/or go on night outs (London night scene is famous), you will end up paying off your credit card bill with Indian rupees!

One of the HSBC IT locations is in Sheffield. Do you know where exactly you will be based?

Ashok Mash
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Problem Solver:
..there will be flat 30% tax on your bonus. I always had this bust with bonus

Better than the 42% that I pay! Well, on the positive (???) side, I don't get much bonus!

D Shah
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ashok Mash:

Better than the 42% that I pay! Well, on the positive (???) side, I don't get much bonus!

I feel angry to pay tax on my bonus

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic