• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Anyone recommend some reputable recruiters in Chicago?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I recently moved over to Chicago, back in August, to get married to my fiancee. Now that we're married. Ive started the process of registering for conditional permanent residency and with that, the proper work authorization.

So far Ive been to a couple of work fairs, but the sheer number of recruiters in the chicagoland area is astounding. I was wondering if there are any posters in the chicagoland area that could recommend good recruiters, and also give advice on which recruiters to avoid.

Thanks,

Mark

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My response is that with most recruiters the good one is the one with good jobs - this week. There are some really good ones but they are pretty rare and it takes a while to learn whom they might be.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I recently started working with Allen Gavartin, a Senior Client Consultant at Laka in Chicago. He's a pretty sharp guy and a good person to talk to. His email is agavartin -at- laka .. com (intentionally mistyped to avoid harvesting). I just passed this thread on to him.

--Mark

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic