• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

connecting to java class

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
dear all,

I want to create a jsp file that contain 1 textbox and 1 button, in which if the button is pressed, then the input in textbox will be proccessed in the java file and then directed automatically to one new jsp page. How to make it done? i am really a noob in dealing with these things. one more thing, do i need a web-inf to connect all those 3 files? if yes what will be the content of the web-inf? thank you very much.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

best regards,

Marcories
[ June 01, 2007: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

then the input in textbox will be proccessed in the java file and then directed automatically to one new jsp page

In context of web applications,the servlet is a web component that is used for
dynamic content generation.So in your case you have to forward the action to
a Servlet and then may be you can delegate the processing work to a separate java method(called a model).You can set the results of your processing as attributes and forward it to your jsp.This flow should be described in a deployment descriptor called web.xml.
This web.xml file should go inside your WEB-INF(it's not web-inf case sensitive)
All your class files must go inside WEB-INF/classes or you can jar them up and put it into WEB-INF/jar,these are special places where the container looks up for class files.

Go through this,this might be helpful
Scriptless JSP

Regards,
Srikkanth.M

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic