• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JSP nested Select & nested Text tag

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hii ,

I was wondering how can i create a parent dropdown and child text box such that selecting value from parent will change the value in the text field ( text field is read only ) ..

so lets say i have a dropdown with Department codes then if i change the department code its description ( one text box) and dept head name( another text box) populates automatically ,....

I can do this with AJAX also but how do i do this with custom tags..make sure that my parent tag should also have behaviour of dropdown and child tag should have behaviour of text box..

Waiting for the reply..

Bhavik

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Bhavik Patel:
but how do i do this with custom tags

Client-side activity must take place using client-side technology; namely, HTML, JavaScript and Ajax. You can use custom tags to generate the client-side code, but before you do anything like that, you need to figure out what the client-side code needs to be.

Waiting for the reply..

Please avoid putting statements like this in your posts. It makes you sound impatient and demanding. Neither of these traits are condusive to making others want to help you.
[ July 02, 2007: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic