• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

break html page into multiple jsp's

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,

Im working on this project and as going through the requirement with my team we are confronted with an issue in which we have html pages that are contains alot of informations such as news, schedule, headlines, stores... we have to break each hatml page into multiple jsp's page and then have them load together accordingly since most of the informations top be loaded is %80 the same for instance in the main page we have schedule, headlines, stores... letssay you click on schedule, the schedule will be shown in the center of the page but on the sides will remain the same. i hope i made myself clear. feel free to drop IDEAS

Sheriff
Firefox Browser VI Editor Redhat
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
JSP offers quite a bit for doing this.
There is the include action, the include directive, tag files (new to JSP 2.0), and custom tags

There are also 3rd party frameworks designed for doing this (Tiles comes to mind).

We'd have to know a lot more about your requirements before we could tell you which is (or are) best for your case.

We have a FAQ entry that explains the difference between the include action and the include directive here:
http://faq.javaranch.com/java/IncludesActionDirective

karthik prakash
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for the reply but if i can have more details.

lets say i have schedule.jsp, news.jsp, headlines.jsp, and main.jsp I want to include then all in ONE HTML such as schedule.jsp is set on the right hand side , news.jsp on the bottom center, headlines on the left side and main.jsp on the center. Think of it as table layout so that the html page includes all of these jsp's in certain locations. i hope i made it myself more clear.

Thanks

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The positioning of elements on the page has nothing to do with JSP. You will use HTML and CSS to create layout of the pages just like any other web page.

If you have questions about how to use CSS for layout, those would be best asked in the HTML forum.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Actually, this is usually implemented as a Portal application. Take a look at the Apache.org Pluto project for example.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If Portal is not the kind of solution you are looking for, why not use simply html frames along with include action/directive? Do you see any issues with it..?

Their achilles heel is the noogie! Give them noogies tiny ad!
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic