• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Cocoon: No valid JdbcConnection class available

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm just getting started with Cocoon and trying to get the database connectivity part working with MySQL. I set up the database for the personnel example, set up the configurations and installed the MySQL driver, but when I try to run it I get the following error:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException: No valid JdbcConnection class available
I do have the driver in the WEB-INF/lib folder. I've tried two different versions (mm.mysql-2.0.12-bin.jar and mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar), both of which work with other Tomcat webapps on the same machine.
Here's the really weird thing: if I enter the wrong password in the datasource description in cocoon.xconf, I get an "Invalid authorization specification" error instead. It seems to me that in order to get this type of error, cocoon must be talking to the database, but that would be impossible if it had no valid JdbcConnection class, right? Or am I misunderstanding how these things work?
I'm running this on Mac OS X, 10.2.6, JDK 1.4.1, MySQL 4.0.12, Cocoon 2.0.4, Tomcat 4.1.18, Apache 1.3.27.

author and jackaroo
Mac IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Oracle C++ Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Please check your private messages regarding an important administrative matter.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic