• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Statement Cache--Memory required?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

Can some one help me with an answer for the memory taken for each statement cached in Websphere 5.1.1.3 if pooling and DataSource is used? I am supposed to set a value and the default is 10 connections. I want to know how much memory is taken for each of the statements (preapared) cached. I am sure this is based on System memory available, but would like to know if it is simple bytes based on the Statement text(may not be that simple).

Another question: What is the mechanism/logic to discard Statements from cache? Is it FIFO or least used logic in case of Webspehere, when websphere has to discard some of the statements?

Thanks,

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Inder,
You are correct that it is more than just bytes in the SQL. I don't know of any tool that would tell you the size. You could try running a test with 10 prepared statements and then a test with 11 to compare the difference in memory usage.

Websphere disgards statements in least recently used order.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic