• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Jboss & mysql

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a EAR file with EJB and two struts applications. I am using Tomcat 4.0.2, mySQL locally, JDK1.5, and the JDBC driver "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver". I am able to connect to mysql via Eclipse using
dbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb

But in my mysql-ds.xml file I have this:

<local-tx-datasource>
<jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/mydb</connection-url>
<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
<user-name>user</user-name>
<pass word>none</pass word> <-- formatted to show in this post
</local-tx-datasource>

But when I try to access the site I get this:

Caused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on 127.0.0.1:3306. Is there a MySQL server running on the machine/port you are trying to connect to? (java.lang.NumberFormatException))
at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:161)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:508)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:207)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:534)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:395)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:297)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:447)
at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:874)
at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:103)

Does anyone know what might prevent JBOss 4.0.2 from connecting to the db?

author
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Tomcat or JBoss, your topic mentions when and your post mentions another.

D. Clarke
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Sorry, I meant I am using JBoss4.0.2 and the Tomcat 5.5 bundled within. I am developing on OS X 10.4.8 and will deploy to Ubuntu with similarly configured applications.

D. Clarke
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I got it, and just in case anyone else see's this - by changing the URL to use "localhost" rather than "127.0.0.1" seems to work.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic