• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Web component deployment

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I was working on the samples downloaded from sun.com . In one of the examples "Converter" i made changes to the JSP file after deployment.Now in order to save new changes to the already existing components,do i have to complie + depoly all the components again,or do i just depoly the web component all over again.Please help.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hi Aanchal,first you tell me ,which application or web server you are using .If you are using Websphere then no need to deploy it again ,just restart the server after any changes.
Jyotisree

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think you don't need to redeploy or restart the server in websphere4.0 if you only change the JSP FILE.
[This message has been edited by Doris Deng (edited September 18, 2001).]

aanchal mathur
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,
I am using tomcat container which is bundled with J2EE from the sun site.Also i am tryin it with JBOSS . I figured out how to re-deploy in sun J2EE server, but in JBOSS it keeps giving me an error that it cant find the EJb for the JSP file i.e the import statment calling the home and remote interface cant be ound duwe to some missing path.I cant figue out which path.Have tried everything under the sun but still JSP doesnt work on JBOSS .Please Help
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic