• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Server-side (or Java client) EJB testing

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
JMeter, along with other tools for testing J2EE, seems to be focused on Servlets, or making and timing HTTP requests. (It does FTP and JDBC requests also, but that doesn't matter in this context.) JMeter makes request(s) of the Servlet, the servlet connects to the container and performs actions and then reports back to JMeter with the output, which it uses in the configured manner.
What if I want to run performance tests without any servlets? Or run them using a pure Java client? Yes, I realize that the servlet is just another client in the eye of the container. But I want to results to have nothing to do with them.
Does JMeter support this? Do any other performance measurement tools support this? I can create something by hand to integrate with Ant/JUnit (maybe JUnitPerf? not sure yet) but I wanted to see if anyone else had already tackled this.
Thanks much,
Chris
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic