• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

`How to deploy Petstore on Tomcat and Weblogic

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I've been playing around with Sun's Petstore application on Weblogic 7 and would like to deploy it on Tomcat and Weblogic.
I would like to know where to start in splitting the application. I know I need to run the WAR file on Tomcat and the EJBs on weblogic but what I don't know it what changes I need to make so that Tomcat can find the EJBs on Weblogic. (I'm assuming this must mean changing JNDI properties). What else do I need to change? Are there any changes in the Tomcat server.xml file?
I've searched through many mail archives and forums and it seems that many people have done this but there is no how to guide anywhere.
All help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Ian Anderson

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Ian,
Petstore comes already installed on Weblogic 7 if you choose a full install. Can you not start it from the start menu? Never had a problem with either 6.1 or 7. Hey, thanks for the mock SCEA exam!

Ian B Anderson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hello Douglas,
I have petstore working fine with weblogic 7.0 on it's own but I'd really like to run the Servlets/JSPs on Tomcat and the EJBs on Weblogic.
I "think" all I need to do is tell Tomcat to use the weblogic JNDI context. Does this have to be set in the Tomcat server.xml or can it be done in the web.xml?
Any links would also be useful. I'm sure lots of people must have tried this but I can't find any good documents anywhere.
I'm glad you like the mock.
Regards
Ian

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic