• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

J2EE as a NT/2000 Service ... HELP!

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey ranchers, has anyone successfully created a NT/2000 service that automatically starts J2EE and keeps it runing using javaserv.... we�ve achived half of it, it only starts when booting up the machine, but when we log into it, and then log-off, the service dies.
Hope anyone can help =)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This has to do with a bug in the JVM. For running Java Applications as Windows Services we use: Java Service Launcher. It works very well even if it is still in beta.
Why are you trying to get the J2EE RI running as a service? I hope you are not planning on using this in production. That is definitely not recommended. I suggest looking at either JBoss or Resin EE for free/low-cost alternatives.

Carlos Cuevas
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Chris, i will look onto that Java Service stuff, we�re currently trying with javaserv, but as you can see, the J2ee server wont survive logoff... hope this other one helps out...
Yup, i agree j2ee might not be the best option, but our app will be quite demanded (1000 transactions per minute)... before we used JBoss but it ran out of sockets to work out with all the transactions.... maybe we just dont know how configure it, do you have any suggestions?

You guys haven't done this much, have ya? I suggest you study this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic