• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

XDoclet & Session beans

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello. I am having trouble generating Session bean interfaces (local/home/DD) using xdoclet when reliant classes (Classes required for compilation) are not on the classpath.
Session bean interfaces are created as advertised whenever I add reliant classes to the classpath in ant.
I am though able to create CMP bean interfaces (local, home, DD) successfully without the reliant classes on the classpath, just not with session beans (even in the same run!).
Am I missing something? Any Ideas?
xdoclet: 1.23b
ant: 1.5.3
java: 1.4.1_03

Jason Kiefer
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Okay, so I went the the xdoclet source code, and found the answer to my own question.
It seems that Xdoclet figures out which output source files to create (localhome, local, etc) by looking at the superclass/interface of the input file. ie, if your bean implements the SessionBean interface, it knows not to create a primary key, but will create local, local home, home, etc . . .
Anyway, my Session beans do not implement SessionBean. They instead extend another class, which implements SessionBean. When my other class was not on my classpath, xdoclet couldn't resolve that it truely was a session bean, and therefore did not process it.
The soloution? Well, you could always add the type of the superclass to the subtask classes in the xdoclet code (not sure if it's configurable outside the source?), but I just implemented SessionBean in my child class.
-Jason

Jason Kiefer
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I found a better solution. Just use the ofType attribute in the *Interface nested elements to add your own types.
-Jason

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic