• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

J2EE Design problem

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,
This is basically a desing problem which confuses me alot.Here it is:
I have a system with 3 entities say x1,x2,x3 for each of these entities i have to develop a module to add an entity,delete an entity,edit entity information and view the information.
Also i have a module to implement transactions between these entities say x1 borrows money from x2 thru x3 for a certain period so x1 has to pay interest to x2 and x3 while returning the money.And so on so forth.Also there is a report module which prints out all info of transactions between these 3 entities.
Can someone help me with which is the best way to design the system if it is to be used by a company from any of their branches and also by the entities where they can log in and view their transaction information.
Is it better to perform addition ,deletion and modification of entity by using ejb for each of these entities and performin the requisite operations and calling the ejb from servlet after gettin the info from a form and displaying using JSP pages or is it better to perform all the addition,deletion etc in the servlet.Also for the transactions is it better to use EJB and servlet together or only servlets.
Please help me.Thanx in advance.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic