• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EJBs I agree, but how to use MDBs?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

We have built a service framework that will be deployed to a J2EE application server. One of the first entry points requested is SOAP/JMS. Ok so I want to use MDBs for the JMS work, but I want to deploy the rest of the service framework as POJOs. So how do I get the SOAP message out of the container?

This is one area I also don't like EJBs. It seems like such a one-way choice. It is hard to put together applications which have components that you want to deploy in a composite fashion. If you wanted to take advantage of some of the advanced features of EJBs for remoteability it is clearly difficult to take the rest of the app and deploy it out of the container.

The 3.X spec I believe will be different, highly influenced by POJOs and Hibernate.

Any help on my above issue would be great.

Thank you.

David

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have done something similar using an MDB to forward a message to Axis. After extracting the envelope, I do a JNDI lookup to get the Axis engine and then I pass the envelope to it for processing.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic