• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Deployment strategy and transactions

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have an Stateless Session Bean that has defined all of its methods to require a transaction (transaction set to 'Requires'). I fully expect the client bean of this bean to begin a transaction before calling the methods of my bean. What I am not sure of is how this will work if my bean is deployed in a separate ear file than the client bean.

That is, will my session bean be able to use the transaction started by another bean that calls my session bean remotely from a different deployed ear? Or do they have to be deployed wihin the same ear file for my session bean to use the transaction?

How does this work in a clustered environment?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Transactions are propogated from client to server, etc. So, any client of your EJB app will be able to work correctly, regardless of whether the client is another EJB app or a simple non-J2EE app like a rich-client.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic