• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JBoss : servlet not getting updated

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am facing a strange problem with JBoss 3.2.1
I have written a servlet client for an EJB. I deployed and ran this servlet and it worked fine. Now when I made changes in the servlet and redeployed and ran it it still gives the result for previous version.
I restarted the server and redeployed whole thing again and again but it doesn't help. It still behaves as if there is no change.
Please can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to deal with it.
Thanks.
Abhishek

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think this is the problem of the browser. Go to Tools ->Internet Options. From there click the option for deleting all the files even the offline contents. Check this out and let me know.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am afraid this will only be comfort and not help.

But I doubt if it is the browser.

I had the same problem on a remote jboss 3.2.6 server being hosted by eApps -- A ghost servlet I could not kill.

Stopping the server, removing all deployed apps, clearing all temp versions, restarting with nothing deployed (to see that the servlet did not respond -- it didn't), then redeploying a modified servlet and restarting == old servlet returned from somewhere? and modified did not take.

To eliminate the browser, I wrote a java client that made the GET http call to the servlet, and it received the output from the "ghost" servlet instead of the current one also.

We (me and the eApps tech staff) never were able to kill that ghost, so until I moved to jboss 4.0 I could never use a Servlet with the ghost's name again. Other servlets worked and updated fine.

Hope you have better luck.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic