• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JCA,Webservies,JMS and EJB

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

As we have technologies like JCA,webservices and JMS to interact b/w two applications,what is the need for Remote EJB calls or CORBA technologies.
[ November 07, 2005: Message edited by: raj joe ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Raj,

Mainly because EJBs & CORBA provide middleware services, something that other technologies don�t even dare to dream of. However the point I�d like to stress is that most of the people perceive EJB as just another RMI based technology. EJBs however are broadly used without the need of making remote calls, using local interfaces only. The dilemma in my opinion started with the fact that initially EJBs were architected to be only remote components, deployed remotely probably on their own box, truly separating the BO from other application�s layers (like Microsoft DCOM technology; it is very clear � and always was, for MS developers that DCOM components are always running remotely and not locally). Unfortunately the EJB literature didn�t make clear this fact for EJB1.0. EJB2.0 on the other hand, even complicated the matter introducing the local interfaces; overnight EJBs become the solution to every business problem. However people intuition function pretty well and they are still perceived as remote components :-)

raj joe
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Valentin Tanase:
Hi Raj,

Mainly because EJBs & CORBA provide middleware services, something that other technologies don’t even dare to dream of. However the point I’d like to stress is that most of the people perceive EJB as just another RMI based technology. EJBs however are broadly used without the need of making remote calls, using local interfaces only. The dilemma in my opinion started with the fact that initially EJBs were architected to be only remote components, deployed remotely probably on their own box, truly separating the BO from other application’s layers (like Microsoft DCOM technology; it is very clear – and always was, for MS developers that DCOM components are always running remotely and not locally). Unfortunately the EJB literature didn’t make clear this fact for EJB1.0. EJB2.0 on the other hand, even complicated the matter introducing the local interfaces; overnight EJBs become the solution to every business problem. However people intuition function pretty well and they are still perceived as remote components :-)

Valentin

Thanks for info.
What i exactly what to understand is when do i go for JCA or Webservice or JMS or Can i have a scenerio wherein i can use all the three.

Raj

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic