• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

monitoring a job status

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i always have a challenge finding the right one of the many channels here to post my questions to. hopefully this is close.

i have a system that submits a job to another system via a WS. when submitting the job, it gets back a job id, and can use the WS api to check the status of the job (has it completed successfully from the queue?). i need a method such that i can periodically check the status of the job, and if it succeeds, i need to notify a 3rd system that the job was successfull. if after a given time period the job isn't successfull, i can issue a warning/error message to the 3rd system that the job encountered issues. i am almost thining a timing type of bean would be a good solution, but i don't see a good way to get the job id's to the timing bean.

any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome!

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
This sounds like a job for BPM, Business Process Modeling.

But you definitely have to thing Asynchronous here. So if there is some sort of state that you hvae to keep track of, then you can't have that state with you at all times. So you must store it somewhere. Then can you do "job statuses" in some sort of batch process, where it doesn't matter which "job" you work on, you do all that is still out there and not finished.

Mark

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic