• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

unable to j2ee server - hlp please

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have installed j2ee1.3 in my machine (winxp). when i try to run the server by running the command "j2ee -verbose" i get the following error.

C:\j2sdkee1.3\bin>j2ee -verbose
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\j2sdkee1.3\bin>

I have set all the env.variables like java_home,j2ee_home, path to appropriate directories.

can anyone please help in this regard?

Author
Mac OS X Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Murthy ,
First of all i suggest you try and install the newer version of JavaEE , I mean javaEE 5 , if you cant install that then you should check for following items to make your server start.

-it looks like that you installed jdk in path that contains some space , please reinstall the JDK into a folder with no space in its path.

-make sure that you add java_home/bin into your path variable.

post here if you faced problem after these changes.

Thanks

murthy bala
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for your help. iam practising for SCBCD exam and so i have been adviced to use j2ee1.3. also how can i set up the path variables and to what values ? currently i have set the "path" variable to bin directory of j2ee_home and also iam running this j2ee.bat from j2ee_home\bin directory only.

have found out that the following section of the j2ee.bat file is throwing this error.

rem @echo on
%JAVACMD% %LISTEN_OPTIONS% -Dorg.xml.sax.parser=org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter -Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl -Djms.home=%JMS_HOME% -Dcom.sun.jms.service.jdbc.dbpath=%JMS_DB_PATH% -Djms.properties=%J2EE_HOME%\config\jms_service.properties -Djava.security.policy==%J2EE_HOME%\lib\security\server.policy -Djava.security.auth.login.config=%J2EE_HOME%\lib\security\login.config -Dcom.sun.enterprise.home=%J2EE_HOME% -classpath %CPATH% com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer %*

Thanks.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic