• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Error connecting to Oracle database during Jboss startup

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there,

I�m trying to execute an Entity EJB 3.0 created with JBOSS IDE 2.0 for eclipse and JBOSS 4.0.4. It happens I�m getting an exception when I start the Jboss server inside eclipse regarding the database. I looked at the JNDI view and there is the entry �OracleDS (class: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)�. I�m getting the following exception in the Jboss startup:

19:13:29,480 INFO [Ejb3Configuration] found EJB3 Entity bean: test.ejbs.Person
19:13:29,480 WARN [Ejb3Configuration] Persistence provider caller does not implements the EJB3 spec correctly. PersistenceUnitInfo.getNewTempClassLoader() is null.
19:13:29,605 INFO [Configuration] Reading mappings from resource: META-INF/orm.xml
19:13:29,605 INFO [Ejb3Configuration] [PersistenceUnit: shoestringPU] no META-INF/orm.xml found
19:13:29,715 INFO [AnnotationBinder] Binding entity from annotated class: test.ejbs.Person
19:13:29,793 INFO [EntityBinder] Bind entity test.ejbs.Person on table Person
19:13:30,090 INFO [ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection provider: org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider
19:13:30,105 INFO [InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider] Using provided datasource
19:13:37,090 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
)

I have the following content in the xml files:

The oracle-ds.xml:

The standardjaws.xml:

The standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml:

The login-config.xml:

The persistence.xml file:

I'm not using hibernate to create the tables. But, as I said, this happens during JBoss startup. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Nei
[ May 15, 2007: Message edited by: Nei San ]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
ORA-01017: invalid username/password means that for Oracle, your user name/password does not exist.

Nei San
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

I already verified the user name and password and I can use them in SGL Plus. Do you think my xml files are missing something? I already copied the file classes12.zip from Oracle to the default\lib path. Can it be a problem with the driver?

Thank you very much.

Nei

Nei San
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

Is happens there are two files with username and password. I updated the login-config.xml file and forgot the oracle-ds.xml.

I would appreciate if you help with another question:
Do I really have to put the database user and password in the xml files? It doesn't seem a safe thing to do. Is there another way to inform the user and password of the database? Perhaps in the entity bean code?

Thank you.

Nei

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Do I really have to put the database user and password in the xml files? It doesn't seem a safe thing to do.

Have a look at EncryptingDataSourcePasswords

Bartender
Netbeans IDE C++ Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
On the jboss faq there is a section Encrypt DataSource Passwords. You can render your passwords unreadable.

Regards, Jan

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic