• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

EE or SE

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ,
I just have a doubt on the stream to choose whether EE or SE and i just finished my SCJP. I have done courses on SE and EE. My doubt is that, is EE a good stream to continue or SE is the one.

The reason i am asking this is because one of my friends finished scjp and he is on the developer line says that most of the companies do programming with their own scripts and interfaces(I dont know what he means).

So my guess is whether EE a good option(even though i have studied it) in current IT industry standards.

Thank you

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by saravana.T kumar:
says that most of the companies do programming with their own scripts and interfaces(I dont know what he means).

I think he means that many companies use their own libraries and frameworks. However, these libraries are based on Java EE in a Java EE application. If one is developing a website in Java, servlets and JSPs are going to be involved regardless of what they build on top of them.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It boils down to what exactly you are looking for.

If you want to develop applications for enterprises then go for JAVA EE. If you would like to build desktop applications (like SQLSquirrel) then go for JAVA SE.

Both the cases you can get professional satisfaction from working with a mature and dynamic technology.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic