• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Is Open Source ESB in Action for Beginner?

Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I can consider myself as a new beginner in ESB. Does the book suits for a beginner like me? I am interested to use ESB in one of my projects in later future. Please advise.
Thanks.

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yep,

The book can also be used to get you started with ESBs. We start off slowly by introducing the concepts and setting up an environment in which you can run and play around with the examples.

We've tried to introduce more complex topics gradually in the book, all of course supported with examples. So when you're interested in ESBs, regardless of they are open source or not, I think that we've provided a nice overview of all the different concepts supported with lots of examples.

Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the information.

In my project that I currently work, we use Sonic MQ as messaging server and will your book help me to get a feel of what is happening with MQ series in my project?

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well, we use Apache ActiveMQ in the book as our messaging layer. But this can easily be swapped with for example JORAM (open source), WebSphere MQ or Sonic MQ. So to get a feeling about using JMS and messaging in integration projects, I definitely think reading the book will provide you with a lot of integration knowledge in general. Of course the specifics of Sonic MQ are not described here, but messaging layers are not that different from eachother in general, foremost when you're using JMS.

Best regards,

Tijs Rademakers

Joe San
Ranch Hand
Mac PPC Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That really sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Hendy Setyo Mulyo
Ranch Hand
Firefox Browser Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Jos Dirksen:
Yep,

The book can also be used to get you started with ESBs. We start off slowly by introducing the concepts and setting up an environment in which you can run and play around with the examples.

We've tried to introduce more complex topics gradually in the book, all of course supported with examples. So when you're interested in ESBs, regardless of they are open source or not, I think that we've provided a nice overview of all the different concepts supported with lots of examples.

This book sounds very interesting to me. I will start to read it in the near future to learn more about ESB.
Thanks for the information.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic