• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JNI Code Sample

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am working on a designing tool for Barcode for linux enviornment. Now my problem is to integrate pre written VC++ DLL in Java. Some how i made few programs. But i want some real standard code if anybody help me i will be very thankfull.
Plaese send cc to asimnet2003@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why are you wanting to integrate VC++ with Java. Are you aiming eventually for a full Java solution but need to use legacy code for now? In which case decide no your ninterfaces and use JNI. If it is because you have too much VC++ code to port then maybe you shouldnt be adding Java into the mix... BTW I think Java is great and getting better, but it is not the always the answer to every problem!
Check out code samples

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am passing a vector containing 10 "String" in javca native method......Can anybody tell me how write Java equivalent C methods(5 lines May be ) to acces that vector in C and print all the values and legth of the Strings contained.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic