• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Class Loader - Applet

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
In JVM specification its been mentioned, that if I am using different classloaders ( custom class loaders ) then I cannot reference the classes loaded in another class loader. This way it creates logical grouping like "namespace" for the class loaders.
An example is provided, which considers the applet getting loaded in the client side plug-in. If the package and class name of the applet is same but the server IP is different then for each server IP a difference class loader is instantiated and it takes care of loading the classes for the applet.
My question is does the JVM on the client ( java plug-in )use different class loaders for different IP address or different browser windows ?
What happens If I open the same page having applet in two different windows? Does it load two class loaders or just a single class loader for the server IP is used?
Thanks for the time.
Cheers.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic