• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Back to India

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Freinds,

I am working in Singapore for more than a year in a leading bank on a retail banking project. Now I decided to go back to India and find out some other opportunities. I want to move from this company and want to go to some other geographies like Japan or UK.

Please suggest me, how it will be to go to these place regarding work culture and money. I have more than 5 yrs of experience in java/j2ee.

I want exponential growth and I think India is better place to go and start again. Its due to my compnay's policy I cannot resign when I am onsite.

And one thing more, would it be easy to search a job in Japan or UK from India. Can I get some tips?

Aakash Parashar
Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Knock Knock Knock, Any body their??
Please, I need your sincere comments.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Be patient. It's the weekend, with a major holiday rapidly approaching. That means many people have other things on their minds.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Neo,

My sincere advise is NOT to go back to India if you have any plans to go to UK or Japan. Becuase, its very difficult to get a job overseas from India as lot of process and job search involves. Since you are already in Singapore, migrating to UK or Japan is easy (compare to India).

I guess if you learn Japanese its very easy to get a job in Japan. Japanese work culture is similar to Singapore work culture and people tend to work hard in Asian countries. Even after you go back to India, I don't think there is any real growth in terms of your career other than attractive salary. Mostly you will be working on maintenance project and production support etc.

Try to approach some consultants in Singapore who can help you out in finding a job to UK or Japan.

Aakash Parashar
Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Surya,

Thanks for your comments and I also agree with you and don't want to go back. But problem is I cant resign from onsite and notice period is also very big (90 days). I don't know actually what to do, so I want to go back.

I am afraid no body will wait from me in Japan or UK for 3 month.
So, moral is I have to find a job from here, then go back and put the papers [ ].

You have any list of consultants who can help in this regard?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I would discourage you from coming back to India simply because of the kind of people you will be dealing with. I cannot tell you about the kind of conniving, cunning kind of people I have to work with and how I have to be on my guard all the time and in some way become like them. The work place here is a place of grave insecurities, fraught with manipulators and people who will try to knock you down at all and every opportunity. Just this alone would make me think 10 times before coming here. Atleast this is how it is here in the north.

I mean don't get me wrong there are alot of helpful and nice people too and the majority are. probably its just that Ive been put into a team with the kind of people and qualities I don't work well with, so do take my views with generous doses of salt.
[ December 24, 2007: Message edited by: Arvind Birla ]

Aakash Parashar
Ranch Hand
Hibernate Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Dear Arvind,

I am sympethatic about you, but what to do, I cannot settle down abroad due to some social issues. Just want to earn some money and come back. Dont forget we are also the part of same society and same work culture, we can adjust with the environment and people. By the way I found mumbai as great workplace, and I wast their for 4 years and going their only.

Anyways, I have to come back any how, just i wanted some sincere comments, which i got. But definatly, to earn fast, you have to go out of india, which i and going to do, once I will resign from my company, even you are onsite, my company is not paying much, so i want to take a chance.

Ranch Hand
Mac MySQL Database Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
That's great Neo. I would say no place is ideal and everywhere you can find the people of mixed personalities.

Good luck for your endeavors!

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic