• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Caller ID Display

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi there,

Firstly i would like to thank you for reading the message.

The Problem:

I am working on a project that requires a phone to be connected to the PC - the phone number that is calling needs to appear on the PC monitor. This is basically the same as a mobile phone addresss book. Someone rings the mobile phone looks in the address book and matches that number to the person, the name of the person is displayed who is calling. That is what i want to do, but with a land line.
I am aware that i need the telecom provider to set my land line so that it sends the phone numbers of people that are calling.
I have no idea where to start, can some one point me in the right direction please.

Bartender
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Your only route is the Java Telephony API: http://java.sun.com/products/jtapi/overview.html. I've never used it so I can't help beyond telling you it exists.

(instanceof Sidekick)
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'd guess that JTAPI will have to run on top of a CTI platform. In the system I live with, we get a client DLL & jar from the CTI vendor. We use that to connect to a CTI server that pumps out zillions of telephony events.

There are PC boards that replace the physical phone on your desk. Anybody know if JTAPI works with those? Or VOIP?

I found some pretty shells, some sea glass and this lovely tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic