• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

resource adapter for connecting Jonas & Websphere MQ

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm using Jonas 4.1 and Websphere MQ 5.3 is to be my JMS provider. These software packages are not my choice, so please don't simply suggest that i use something else. I want to use a resource adapter to connect my Jonas-based JMS client to Websphere MQ. There IS another way to connect the two, which is documented in the Jonas docs, but it royally sucks. I thought of either writing my own adapter, or adapting an existing adapter (Sun's app server has the imqjmsra.rar, which is a message queue resource adapter) to acheive my goals. I wanted to solicit an opinion from the fine, bright folks here on my proposed approach. Any advice or warnings would be greatly appreciated. Some other tidbits of info: <br><br>

the current deployment has MQ and Jonas running on the same Windows machine, but the production deployment will most likely be non-collocated. <br><br>

Thanks in advance for your help, folks! - jon

Ew. You guys are ugly with a capital UG. Here, maybe this tiny ad can help:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic