Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Hibernate and Struts Architecture

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've been going back and forth on the following issue for sometime now but I'd like to get some different opinions. For all of the applications I deal with my java objects do not match up with my database tables nor should they and alot of the differences revolve around Internationalization. Because of this I have two real options, I can create objects that meet both the hibernate and application concerns there by coupling them together. Or I can do what I believe is the appropriate thing and use the hibernate objects simply as data transfer objects and use business layer classes to transfer the data thereby creating a true seperation between my model and the rest of my app.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions or comments on the class organization of these types of apps (usually struts and hibernate) and the difficulties inherent in ensuring that they remain decoupled?

Rancher
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. Anyone who would like to help should look for the duplicate in the ORM forum.

Dave

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic