• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help creating a sever- side program?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello am looking for info on making a sever - side program in java. I've made a very large appiication and the application is to be accesible on the net.
Since it is impractical to upload the entire program on the net I want only my GUI on the net. So when people go on my web site they will see my GUI on a web page and from that point they will be able to access the rest of my program once my computer( which has the rest of the program) is online.
I need ideas where to start looking for info. What should I be looking for. I need to know so I can ask more sensible questions. Any ideas?
yours respectfully Avin Sinanan

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Avin,
Sounds like a job for Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP). I'm assuming your GUI is going to run as an applet which means you'll have to work around the security restrictions of the sandbox.
There are forums at JavaRanch dealing with Servlets and JSP's.
Hope this helps
Michael Morris
SCJP

Think of how dumb the average person is. Mathematically, half of them are EVEN DUMBER. Smart tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic