• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Need some help

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm a beginning programmer who is seeking some help on a small personal project that I've been working on lately. I'm attempting to add an extended functionality to a basic document text editor. I essentially need to do three things to complete this project:
1. What I want to do is create a floating table over a basic DOCUMENT text application (editor). The catch is that I want each cell to have a unique id (x,y) coordiates, which appear in a box at the top of the editor. Hence, when I want to access a given location, I can just type in a given set of coordinates and I will be taken to that location. I guess the other thing is that the lines have to be transparent because I still need to be able to read the lines of text below the table. Note: this application will be used to open large research papers that are done in txt format.
The table should also resize dynamically, based on the size of the document and scroll along with the document, in effect having each cell hold the same position within the lines of text irrespective of where i scroll to. Basically I want the table to flow with the lines of text.
2. I'm attempting put together the code that would allow me to merge and image (e.g. jpg or bmp) in an XML document (via user interface).
3. What I want to do is integrate a conversion engine in a document text editor that would allow me to create XML documents. Hence, I want to be able to input text in the document editor, save this text and then convert it to XML.
Does anyone know if this is even possible?
Let me know if there is anything that i can do for you.
E.A.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic