• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JDesktopPane - Changes from 1.2.2 to 1.4.0?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a Swing based app I developed with VAJava 4.0 (uses 1.2.2 internally). The app is only happy on 1.2.2 JVM. On 1.3 and 1.4 the JFrame appears with menu and tool bar but the child JInternalFrames don't show. I have been very careful and am sure that the app is not referencing any IBM or VisualAge specific classes. I am not finding any deprecation that seems applicable to my problem. Any insights or suggestions are much appreciated. Thank-you...
mm

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Are there any exceptions? can you post a very small example (only a JFrame with a JDesktopPane and a JInternalFrame)? This would help us much, to be able to help you.

Mark Miller
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
After much digging around, I can answer my own question: As of the Kestrel release, you have to explicitly call show() on the JInternalFrame. As this was not a requirement as of 1.2.2 I get the runtime behavior differences. There are no exceptions or compile time deprecation warnings to help with this. All is well...

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
use other compiler to recompile,maybe the 1.2 release have different specification with JInternalFrame

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic