• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

ComponentMoved Event ??

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Here is the situation, I have a grid of textfields within a panel. This panel is contained within a scrollpane. The focused textfield in this grid has a floating window attached to it, something similar to a tooltip, but with a lot more functionality. When I need it, I pop up this special tooltip-window relative to the textfield that it is attached to.

The problem I'm having is that when I scroll the grid using the scrollpanel, the textfield moves, but the special tooltip-window stay put. The tooltip-window is registered as a component listener of the textfield to which it is associated.

Here is the thing: According to the �How to Write a Component Listener� section of the Java Tutorial, componentMoved is only called �after the listened-to component moves, relative to its container.� Since I'm using the scrollpane, the textfield never moves relative to it's container...

does anyone know how I could capture the event that that the textfield moves? I know that I could listen to the scrollpane itself, but that wouldn't work when I move the entire frame...

Thanks in advance,
SP

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic