• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JTable as User's input (?)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have never used JTable before, in one application I am thinking to display a bank JTable for user input as next process the data and display result in a non-editable JTable. Now my question is it possible to do so or it is not advisable to take input from user in such way?

I have tried to make a JTable implementing TableModel with some initial cell's value as shown in Tutorials, but when I change the data I a cell and then try to get value of that cell, it gives the old value ?

Any experienced idea will be highly appreciated.

Sandip

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Your luck - I was messing with a swing tool just today. Anyways did you do a firetablecellupdated after you set the values?? Probably thats the reason its not getting updated. Anyways here is my table model - compare with the one you are having - probably it might give you some insights.

Sandip K Sadhukhan
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Venkat,
I am not a professional java gui developer, just started to learning swing/ stand-alone application all these I do in my odd hours.
I appreciate your suggesion and try it out and if fail , I will post the code of my TableModel class.

regd,

Sandip

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic