• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

No replies in SCJA forum

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What I have observed in the SCJA forum for last couple of days is there haven't been interactive discussions or replies to questions. I wonder if somebody is actually moderating that forum.
Thanks.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This happens sometimes a JR, there just is no way to force an informal style to have responsive and detailed answers to each post. It just will not happen and is a consequence of the way the world works - not JR.

I assure you, there are moderators everywhere.

Swapnil Sonawane
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, I know that these things can happen. But recently there was one post by the bartender stating that SCJA people are missing out and are not involved in the forum. Now immediately after this, I am sure they would like to have positive moves. No offense intended
Thanks.

Nicholas Jordan
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Swapnil Sonawane:
Yes, I know that these things can happen. But recently there was one post by the bartender stating that SCJA people are missing out and are not involved in the forum. Now immediately after this, I am sure they would like to have positive moves.

That's their problem ( the non-participating participants ) Whoever said that has probably got more whiskey than I.

Put some filler in there if the fora interests you, just make it relevant to the forum and don't overdo it. An occasional post or two to draw honey bees with honey. I am sure the ranch would do some bee raising.

No offense intended - None taken, I work on large projects where I am all but immune to that stuff. Only what matters is if you are trying, which you would be or you would not be posting here posting what you said.

Swapnil Sonawane
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I just said it for the good of JR and nothing else Just looking at the number of posts, you are much more experienced than me. I am just a student now. If I was wrong somewhere, I am sure you would consider me

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Swapnil Sonawane:
I wonder if somebody is actually moderating that forum.

What does moderating have to do with the number of replies or amount of activity?

lowercase baba
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just to expand on Bear's point... the moderator's job is not to answer the questions, but to make sure everyone follows the rules. one actually can know NOTHING about computers, and still be a moderator here.

We are fortunate that many of the moderators ARE rather knowledgeable in many areas. They often pick forums where they know stuff because the find that topic interesting. sometimes, a mod will pick a forum where they DON'T know anything, to kind of force them to learn.

But a moderator cannot answer every post, nor can he or she force others to actively participate in any given forum.

Swapnil Sonawane
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
very true. I take my argument back before this becomes the post with the maximum replies.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic