• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Netbeans IDE 6.0 Database Application: question?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Developers,

I'm busy developing a database application with Netbeans IDE 6.0 and Mysql to automate the data management of my Dongo.org project. I have a question as described below.

I've created two projects using "New Project/Java/Java Desktop Application/Database Application" for two different tables in my Mysql database. Since my goal is to have the management screens for the different tables in a tabbed application I enclosed the GUI elements of the first project in a panel and then in a tabbed panel. Furthermore I enclosed the GUI elements of the second project in a panel and copied and pasted this panel into the tabbed panel as a second tab. Since with the copy and paste the binding properties of the second mastertable were lost I reapplied those settings. Also I added code for and modified the buttons actions in the second tab since they referred to the first tab.

The problem I'm having is that for the new button on the second tab it appears not all needed code is executed since visually no new line is added to the mastertable. When debugging the original second project it appears more code is executed than for the second tab (this is code getting attributes of the new instance ...). Nevertheless I have no idea how this code is triggered or called from. Anybody knows how to solve this problem? Which mechanism is not working for my second tab? Maybe it has something to do with the beans binding?

Thanks and best regards :-), BoBi

BoBi Marley
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Because of different reasons I decided not to continue with the
data bindings provided in the netbeans ide nor the java desktop
database application like it is generated by the netbeans ide. Those
reasons being:
1. Something that should have worked simply did not work.
2. I was not too happy with the provided functionality anyway. Too
much clicks needed to perform the crud operations.
3. The whole construct is to complex, very hard to understand and
maintain and probably new versions will give an unneeded maintenance
problem.
So I will not use the data binding and conceive a solution using
directly the more basic Java components like the Jtable (without
databinding and writing my own tablemodel, ...).

:c), BoBi

My first bit of advice is that if you are going to be a mime, you shouldn't talk. Even the tiny ad is nodding:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic