• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Sample Servlets

Ranch Hand
C++ Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
Does anyone know of a web site(s) that has uses servlets. The main things I am interested in seeing is servlets that have Menu bars and TextAreas using JScrollPane. I really do not care of the content of these sites. I just want to see how other servlets look and work. Thanks!!!

Barry

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE Python C++ Debian Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You seem to be looking for servlets which use Swing Graphical user interface widgets. I think you won't find any. Servlets are typically run on a web server to generate web pages or other information to download to client browsers. The best you can usually hope for by way of user interface is HTML and JavaScript.
If you really need a Swing UI, you will need to create and download an applet. Is this what you are looking for?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Frank,
I have heard of, but do not know the mechanism for Applet-Servet communication. Perhaps this is what the original poster would need.
What would be the best reference for learning about Applet-Servet communication. Also, is this a good way to go, or should HTML and Javascript GUI stuff usually be enought to get the job done?
Thanks and great job answering questions on this thread. I am a beginner, but this site has already helped me get over some initial basic hurdles.
Thanks,
Rob

Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Rob Levo:
What would be the best reference for learning about Applet-Servet communication.

Check out this page. Java Developers guide to Servlets and JSP has a section covering this topic.

Also check out this page.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic