• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

VERY URGENT

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,
I have a project which is to make orders from internet. I have used Jakarta-tomcat.3.2.1 for this project. but it is open source. My boss asks me If is it safe as much as IBM web sphere?
Should I use IBM web sphere in project ?
Thanks,

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by koray guclu:
Hi guys,
I have a project which is to make orders from internet. I have used Jakarta-tomcat.3.2.1 for this project. but it is open source. My boss asks me If is it safe as much as IBM web sphere?
Should I use IBM web sphere in project ?
Thanks,

Jakarta-tomcat.3.2.1 is a reference implementation of Sun's latest JSP and Servlet specs. These reference implementations are generally not recommended for highly scalable applications. But it can be suitably substituted with other standard webserver like NES/iPlanet/IBM HTTP Server...Normally web servers come with their own Servlet engine, but you can also configure them to send servlet and JSP requests to Tomcat using the Tomcat redirector plugin. The advantages being you don't have to worry about load balancing, clustering and fail overs but everything comes with a price!!
HTH....

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am not too impressed with IBM's webshpere inability to release the current JSP and Servlet version so far unlike other vendors like Sybase.
Since you have used Jakarta, one problem I see you facing if you use websphere is that your codes may not be easily portable since Jakarta contains newer versions of JSP and Servlets.
Although it has been advertised that Big Blue is J2EE certified, I am yet to the see the product.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic