• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

com.oreilly.servlet package!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I would be grateful if some one could help me in order to use com.oreilly.servlet package .
I need to upload files of any size using a frame on the client side , and may be this will be a problem .
Regards,
Jimi.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I've used some of the classes from that package.
What exactly have you tried to do that doesn't work or are having problems with?

Jimi Rock
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Andrew ,As I told , I am trying to upload a file of any size , i.e. if it is a large file , I am going to upload each part (may be 10MB) individually . and this is not a problem if I am viewing only html on the client side , but if it is for example a java frame , what will be the client program ? and how the servlet is going to be invoked ?
Thanks,

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
jimi,
why don't you use applet instead so that it can be shown in the HTML file?Ya! there will be a security problem if you upload files from the remote host.So I thnink the only change you will require is to make that "input type =file" working in your application.Is it possible to have "browse" button and select the required files from the local m/c?I never tried it.You can ve workaround to this problem.You can use "filedialogbox" instead.But these com.oreilly classes are very much interrelated and you will require to make changes accordingly.So is it the absolute requirement to have frame only.Otherwise you can use HTML directly to make your life easy.

Jimi Rock
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I can use applet, no problem because I can sign it , and it is actually signed , I agree with you that using html makes my life easier , but the problem is that I am developing an existed system and the supervisor do not want me to change the current applet . if you are ready to help I will provide you with the current part of the client program that invokes servlet. and with the current servlet program . note that I can browse files using JFileChooser and every thing is working fine, but the current system is uploading the whole file , so if it becomes a large file (more than 25-30 MB), it will fail.
Waiting for your comment..
Thanks,
Jimi.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can use the MultipartRequest class. Just invoke an instantiation and the upload is done there.

Jimi Rock
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Cameron, I would be grateful if you tell me how can I modify the current code in order to get the advantage of this orielly package, and note that I am using it for the first time .I need the client program to determine the source file, distination file , and the servlet url(as it is now) if possible.

Thanks,
Jimi.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic