• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Maha Anna pls help

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all,
i am trying to build a database enabled website at webappcabaret, the same code which runs perfectly well on my machine using mysql and jdbc is failing on their site. Can anyone pls guide me as and SQLException is being thrown which says Before start of result set at org.gjt.mm.mysql.ResultSet.checkRowPos
Another problem i am facing is that there is a html file named 1.html and i continually add data to it (basically a guestbook), whenever some one adds to the guestbook, i delete the file and rebuild it with the new data (more data appended at the end), it works well at my home but at webappcabaret the page on being refreshed does not show the changes, however when i download the file using the file manager, i am able to see all the new data.
Also pls guide me how can i enter data containing quotes, how to use date functions and for registering a person how do i make sure that only alphabets and numbers are entered( i don't want to use javascript).
Also pls tell me r there any other free jsp hosts offering database access such as postgres
Thanx
Gaurav
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic