• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Force file upgrade

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
I have a very weird situation. We have a thin client product that does graphs for a client. We recently upgraded the graph to be 3D. But now the problem is that only the graph on the server is 3D. The client machine doesn't seem to upgrade. The tech guys has looked at everything and are now blaming the development office. So what we doing is we created a PrintVersion() method that prints the version of the current files. Is there a way that i can force a file download if the versions dont correspond?
Thank you

Tys Seyffert
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Me again,
I want to check the jar file that is cached on the client machine. Does anyone know where i can look? thank you

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
What kind of application architecture do you have? This is the Servlets forum. Is this a Web Application? Why is there a Jar file on the client's machine?
There are many auto-updaters out there, including Sun's Java Web Start. If you have Weblogic, they come with an "installer" that also auto-updates. Can't help you out much more than that though.
Mark

Every snowflake is perfect and unique. And every snowflake contains a very tiny ad.
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic