• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Currency and country setting for TOMCAT / STRUTS on Solaris

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi community,

we have installed an Apache Tomcat 5.5 server on a windows 2003 server and all is working fine. The user of our jsp sites can enter prices (currency data). The prices are formatted and validated for the german speaking areas. We are using struts.

Now we have brought this project on a Apache TOMCAT 5.5 server with solaris as operating system. All jsps and java classes are exactly the same from the windows server mentioned first to the sun solaris server.

We tested the soultion again and recognized that the currency fields are not validated and formatted for the english countries insted for germany.

So I guess there is anywhere a country setting missing or java (sdk) does not get the necessary country information form the operating system or properties files or needs struts any country specific information?

Has anyone of you any idea?

Thanks very much.

Best Regards,

Olaf Reiss

ranger
Mac IntelliJ IDE Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
OOOH, good question. I have no clue.

But I will ask about your backend database. If you are using a product like Oracle, you can have a back-end check or back-end solution using the database to format the data in the correct countries format.

If this ends up being related to Struts, we have a Struts forum that I can move this thread to, if you wish.

Mark

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic