• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Closing session of a web application depending on the session of another application

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

We have a struts web application which have a help link in that. Clicking on the help link opens another web app(also a struts app), which provides the help page. However, we have a requirement that whenever the main application(which has the help link in it) is closed(i.e. sesssion ends), the help page needs to be notified, so that its session ends too. I am not sure how to go about this. Will passing the JsesionId from the main page to the help app help in some way?

Any pointers regarding this would be a great help.

Thanks,
Sumita

Sheriff
IntelliJ IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Does not look specific to JBoss. I'll move this to an appropriate forum where you might get some expert advice.

sumita mukherjee
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
My apologies for this mistake. Thanks.

Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Python Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You might be able to deploy a version of a Single Sign On scheme for your applications. I believe, sessions would be maintained independently in each application but when one session becomes invalidated, all sessions linked by the Single Sign On get invalidated.

Another option would be to deploy a session listener that allows you to track sessions yourself in your main application. The main application might make a request to a super-secret URL on the Help application when a session is invalidated telling the Help application which session just died. On the servlet living on the Help application you would then invalidate the Help application's session associated with the one that died on the main application. With this option passing some unique ID (why not the jsessionid?) to the Help application could be used to link the user in the main app with the user in the help app. Of course you would also have to maintain your own list of sessions in the Help application, mapped to the ID passed from the main app.

Slime does not pay. Always keep your tiny ad dry.
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic