• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Accessing Remote Address

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have been trying to determine how to get the IP address of a remote client making a call to a Java app server. This is complicated by the fact that I want to access this information from within an EJB. I have found information online which indicates that there is not a Java native way to do this and that it is necessary to write code which is specific to the vendor class library for your Java application server (EX. http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=13&thread=21353 ). Is this still the case? That post is from a number of years ago.

The server I am using is JRun4. I've been searching manually through the JRun API (javadoc), but I can't find the source of this information, and honestly these docs are very poor, especially in the area of architectural details. Does someone know which class contains the remote (aka referrer) address for a given session for this server? If not, can someone point me to a document which describes the structure of these classes within JRun during runtime? Even better, can you give me a code snippet which shows access of this information from within an EJB?

I'm more of an OO ActionScript developer, and the amount of time to find this information has been really frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated.

AJ Canepa
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So no one has any ideas on this? I still haven't solved the problem.

Poop goes in a willow feeder. Wipe with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic